Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mom's Day Snippet Sunday!

Morning Y'all and Happy Mother Day's to the Snippet Sunday Moms!!

I didn't post last week because my blog was under construction...so? What do you think? Isn't it purdy? I've got two releases coming out this fall, and in an effort to brand myself (a job I have avoided for as long as humanly possible) I recently redesigned both my blog and website. You can see my website here if you want:  http://www.ajnuest.com  :-)

For today's snippet, I'm going to pick up two weeks ago where I left off. Caedmon and Rowena were in the forest, surrounded by fog, and she was...exploring his body? I'm skipping ahead just a bit to what happens next.

~* ~ 

A twig snapped.
Caedmon froze, his focus riveted to hers, muscles coiled and tense under her palm. Irritation hardened his features, quickly chased by thin-lipped fear.
Dammit, they’d been found. But by who?
The answer leapt into Caedmon’s eyes. Doesn’t matter. A garrison of Sievere’s men is too great a risk to ignore. Fight now, reason later…or prepare to be arrested…mayhap worse.
She nodded and pressed against him, but he tightened his grip, keeping her in place. He slowly tipped his head toward the pile of weapons he’d left near his saddlebags. She jerked her chin in the opposite direction, indicating her intent to head for the forest. If they were about to be attacked, her best offense would be to see without being seen. Use the fog to transform her into a lethal phantom, striking within the cover of trees.
 
~ * ~


Want more? Be sure to check out other great writers by clicking the links below: 
If you’re a writer (either published or unpublished) join the fun and share a snippet of your work in progress, a new release, or an oldie but goodie.
Participating Authors can be found at these sites:
Hashtags: #SPeekSunday #8sunday #snippetsunday
http://sneak-peek-sunday.blogspot.com/

Weekend Writing Warriors for Eight Sentence Sunday
Snippet Sunday Facebook Group
If you leave me a comment, I'll be sure to recriprocate!


11 comments:

Joanne Stewart said...

Ohh, now you've got me on the edge of my seat! Terrific snippet!

LOVE what you did with the digs. Looks superb!

Zee Monodee said...

Loved the scene - very intense!

And I love your banner. Looks gorgeous! :)

AJ Nuest said...

Thanks Joanne and Zee! And thanks for stopping by on a busy Mother's Day!

Sarah W said...

Your site is a beautiful sight. :)

And I love a heroine who can think on her feet--and a hero who trusts her to do just that!

Karysa Faire said...

Very cool snippet, though I would have liked the few lines before this, too. ;-)

Love the quote by Marianne Williamson, btw. Great words to remember on a daily basis!!!

Veronica Scott said...

I like your webpage, very striking. The snippet was excellent, intense, intriguing...

HistorySleuth said...

Oh there is a fight a brewin'! I can feel the tension. Nice snippet.

The Belle in Blue said...

This flowed so well despite the tension. Great job! And I love the new blog design.

~Joyce Scarbrough

Linda said...

This is a very exciting snippet. I like how she prepares herself for the fight.

Sharon Buchbinder, Romance Author said...

Nice showing of their silent conflict. This way. No that way. And somebody had better be right!

Siobhan Muir said...

I like the way she thinks, AJ. :) Great snippet.